NetAdvantage Silverlight is a suite of next-generation controls, designed to create polished, commercial-class line of business applications based on Microsoft® Silverlight™.
Whether added as a small island of richness in an existing application or integrated into a full-frame Silverlight line of business application, the controls included in NetAdvantage Silverlight help bring your application to the next level of user experience.
NetAdvantage Silverlight controls are designed and written from the ground up to take advantage of the power that the Silverlight platform provides. The controls leverage Silverlight features including high-resolution graphics, rich styling and animation capabilities, and integrated UI virtualization technology. In fact, all of our Silverlight controls are written in 100% managed C# code, with default styles and templates defined in XAML resources.
Before you start using NetAdvantage Silverlight, be sure to read through the topics in this section to ensure that you are getting the most of out of the product.
The NetAdvantage Silverlight help is available to assist you in finding the information that you need to understand and use the controls and components of the NetAdvantage Silverlight suite.
See below for information on how to navigate and search in the following versions of the NetAdvantage Silverlight help:
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010 - Microsoft® Help Viewer
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2008 - Installed Version
- Online Help Version
Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010 uses the latest Help 3 format. The entry points of the Microsoft Help Viewer in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 is via Help menu.
This option launches a browser with the changed help screen. There is a Search Box on the left Top of the browser and below it is the Table Of Contents(TOC). The new system does not have the deep tree and index from the previous version and this introduces the valuable information at the top of the page. Below the TOC is the Related Links section that contains the pears of the current page.
Manage Help Settings:
This manager allows the users to configure the Help Library System. There are options to add new content to the help system from both online and offline sources. The users can choose from working with online libraries or to install those locally and use them as an offline content.
This section provides information on how to use the tabs and filters in the installed version of the NetAdvantage Silverlight help.
The bottom of the left-hand pane of the help window is comprised of the following tabs:
- Contents - Displays books and pages of all of the topics in the online help. Double-click a book to expand it and view its contents (i.e., sub-books and pages). The Contents tab provides an overview of the help structure, as well as a way to easily navigate through the topics.
- Index - Displays a list of keywords that are associated with topics in the help. As you type a word, the Index feature automatically scrolls to the keyword(s) that matches your word the closest. The Index tab is useful in that it provides you with a complete alphabetical listing of the key words in the help.
- Help Favorites - Displays any help topics or web sites that you bookmarked via the "Add to Help Favorites" button on the Standard toolbar. It also displays any search queries that you saved via the "Save Search" button on the Standard toolbar.
At the top of the right-hand pane of the help window, there are two tabs:
- Help Topic - Displays the help topic.
- Search - Allows you to search for specific words in the help. The tab generates a list of the topics that contain at least one of the searched words, and displays the list of topics in the main area of the Search tab.
This section provides information on how to use the tabs and in the online version of the NetAdvantage Silverlight help, available on our Web site.
In the online NetAdvantage Silverlight help, the bottom of the left-hand pane of the help window is comprised of the following tabs:
- Contents - Displays sections and pages of all the topics in the online help. Double-click a section to expand it and view its contents (i.e., sub-sections and pages). The Contents tab provides an overview of the help structure, as well as a way to easily navigate through the topics.
- Search - Allows you to search for specific words in the help. In the Search Options area, you can filter your search by selecting a control name and/or limiting the search results. When you click Go, the Search tab generates a list of the topics that contain at least one of the searched words, and displays the list of topics in the bottom right-hand area of the help window.